Jun 27, 2010

color combo. #5

*I cheated a little and did this weeks challenge last week... so sneaky :))*

I've decided sleepovers at my age are just plain exhausting! My 17yr. old niece came over a couple of weekends ago to spend the night at our house and I tried my best to stay up late talking with her.... but I'm just not that young anymore! I need my beauty rest! :)) So I went to bed, and apparently she stayed up a few more hours reading. Makenzie travels with a small personal library of books and magazines. So this weeks Color Combo. is dedicated to Makenzie!!

I knew that I wanted to find a Juicy Couture ad for this project. The colors are always bold and bright and just perfect for a teenage girl!
The inspiration:


The color combination:



black - white - tangerine orange - watermelon pink

I decided to make a little handmade bookmark for Makenzie, something quick and simple to make but also practical for any book-lover. My bookmark is made from all fabric scraps, but paper scraps would make a lovely book mark as well!






I'm thinking of doing a scrapbook challenge for next weeks color combo. Maybe some inspiration and a little challenge? It could be fun! I'll post some more details tomorrow as I think of them!

6 comments:

NicNacManiac said...

Oh Sweet Tara,
Such a fabulous bookmark and the color inspiration combo is my fav!
Hope you are feeling in the pink today!
You are in my prayers and on my mind all this weekend!
Sending good vibes your way!
xOxO Nerina

katilady said...

one of my fave color combos! say hello to phoenix for me--my hometown!

bethchien said...

what a gorgeous and fun little gift! love it!

Toni said...

Totally fun color combination!

Danielle said...

Hi sweetie <3 Thinking of you and hoping that you're doing great! (or better than what you were feeling in the past few days).

WOW that color combination is GORGEOUS!!!! so bright, eye-popping candy <3 <3 <3...I LOVE IT and that bookmark is perfect for an avid reader :)

and the staying-up late thing....I can do it, but only when the kiddos are in school - I stayed up til 5-6 am last week (only one night though), and I was able to go back to sleep after I put the kiddos on the bus ehhehehehe :) But to stay up late every night....no way Jose! I can't do that anymore!!!

Terri Trotter Earley said...

Really fun color combo!

http://terriearley.blogspot.com/2010/07/little-bundles.html

It's a good life!
Terri E.