Nov 16, 2013

sweet november: warm


 Today was gloriously cold. I woke up to a dark sky, a light drizzle of rain and temperatures that barely reached the 60's. It's not often that it's cold here and even more, it's not often that we need a sweater. Today though, was one of those days. It's crazy to think that just a few months ago in summer, the temperatures had peaked at 120 degrees. Today at nearly 60 degrees cooler and with a very obvious chill in the air, sweaters were a welcomed sight. I love the cold, I find it refreshing and motivating.... ironic since I call the Valley of the Sun home, but days like today I'm perfectly happy that the sun stayed hidden away and the best part - I didn't have to turn the air conditioner on once today! 

Warm was today's prompt, so I combined some of my favorites; hot chocolate and old wool blankets. They just seemed to fit our grey day! (I inherited a set of these cute pinecone mugs from my Grandmother. I had been looking forward to finally being able to use them this season!)


I also played around a bit with Polyvore. It's been such a long time since I logged in over there but it's really fun to play with clothes, especially sweaters and mittens! 


Have a good night and I'll see you here tomorrow! 

xo ~ Tara

1 comment:

J9nKidz said...

WOOWWWW THAT Pine Cone Mug is thee Absolute best ever!!!! YOU MUST tell me where you got it!!!???